Job Description: Project Engineer – Intermediate (Technical Writer):
G3 is looking for a solid mid-level Technical Writer to provide documentation support and content management for National Institute of Mental Health websites. Resume and info to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Responsibilities: Project Engineering
Services may include activities such as Web Content and Graphics design, development, implementation and maintenance of new software applications. In addition, the Candidate shall provide the following IT services: documentation support, interpreting IT technical journals, publications, planning, executing changes, and improvements to the NIMH IT environment, researching and applying web-based applications, on-line content, technology, graphical user interface, and graphic design principles. Other possibilities include but are not limited to development of “white papers”, and providing assistance in the identification, review, and evaluation of potentially new software as well as implementing such software as required. The Candidate shall provide ad hoc, “as needed” technical expertise and support services to respond to new requests that serve the NIMH community.
- Technical Writing
- Web Content Management and Graphic Design
Looking for candidates with a minimum of 3 - 5 years experience in the following:
- Microsoft Office 2003 / 2007
- Adobe Photoshop / Creative Suite
- Adobe PDF Document Management
- Knowledge of Microsoft Web Services
- Knowledge of Cold Fusion
- Knowledge of Linux, PHP
- 3-5 yrs post-college experience in IT development and/or consulting / technical writing
- Computer Science or IT background/major or comparable
- Excellent verbal/written communication
- Highly motivated over-achiever with the desire to learn and apply new technology
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Responsible and dependable team player with a great attitude
- Local to the VA/MD/DC Metro area (job location is in Rockville, MD)
- Must be US citizen, be able to pass drug test and obtain US Government Secret Security clearance
To Be Considered: Please send resume, cover letter and other related links or materials to email@example.com.